Let's discuss the importance of including Pinterest in your online marketing strategy and understand why it is one of the best ways to reach your target audience. As of January 2023, 76.2% of Pinterest users were female, while just over 17% were male. According to the Hootsuite 2022 Digital Trend Report, 433 million people use Pinterest monthly. The platform's growth rate of 3.1% is consistent with other social media platforms like Instagram (3.7%). With 433 million users, Pinterest offers a vast potential audience. One of the best things about it is that ad campaigns on Pinterest allow you to reach a vast global audience, with an estimated possible audience of around 225.7 million people. The key to success is knowing how and where to target your ad campaigns for maximum ROI.
Social media platform Pinterest remains a hidden gem for marketers targeting specific audience demographics, such as higher-spending millennials, despite not boasting the same user hours as Facebook or sharing TikTok's hype.
Many businesses hesitate to use Pinterest, but there's no need to be! Using this social media network for your business would be best for several reasons. Here are the top six reasons to use Pinterest for Marketing:
1. Pinterest converts more browsers into buyers. It reduces the number of steps from discovery to conversion, making it easier for people to get straight to the source. Visitors from Pinterest are more likely to convert into leads or sales faster than from other social media sources.
2. Pinterest drives traffic (and a lot of it!). It is an excellent tool to help increase links back to your website, which, in turn, drives more traffic. It steers traffic back to a website more effectively than any other social media source.
3. Pins get you more inbound links. Because every pin includes a link, it makes it easy to lead it back to the source of the image. Inbound links are an often-forgotten part of Pinterest. Never underestimate the power of image search!
4. User engagement is very high. Users on Pinterest enjoy finding and sharing things with small groups of people. It's good for your business! Why? Your pins are likely to be seen, touched, and even viral!
5. Pinterest integrates with your website, Facebook profile, and Twitter account. It enables users to automatically post new pins to their news feeds for others to see. You should spend some time on a social media strategy first.
6. Discover what your audience loves. One of the beautiful things you can do with Pinterest is use it to see what is trending right now. Follow anyone who follows you to see what inspires them – you will have a first-person look into their mind. Pinterest lets you see and understand what's hot today and use that information to position your offers and products.
There are several common misconceptions about Pinterest, such as only women use it (although females still make up most of the audience), and people only pin food and wedding content (travel, clothing, and home decor are also popular). Some think their target audience isn't on Pinterest or need more time for another social network. However, many businesses are surprised to learn that Pinterest is one of the world's most extensive website traffic drivers, and its popularity spans multiple generations. In 2012, it was considered one of the fastest-growing websites in history. Furthermore, Pinterest is 80% more viral and 3x more effective at generating leads than Twitter. Regardless of your business type, you should use Pinterest for these reasons.
So what are you waiting for? If you're looking to get started with Pinterest marketing and want to work with experts in the field, Designedbycarla is the perfect choice. They can help you achieve your goals and take your business to the next level using their expertise in Pinterest marketing. If you're ready to begin, reach out to our team today. We'll be happy to assist you.